Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hero Blog

My literary hero that i choose is Mike Lowrey from the movie Bad Boys 2. He is a Miami Police Officer who has a partner named Marcus Burnett. He is a cop who has to protect the streets of Miami from being taken over from a drug dealer who is infecting the night clubs and streets with drugs. The Miami Police haven't been able to be bring down the drug lord until Mike and Marcus tackle the case. A heroic quality that he shows is the bravery to head down to Cuba where his girlfriend and his partner's sister was being held captive and goes there to free her. Eventually she was freed without much harm done, and that to me is a hero who puts there life on the line in harms way to save a loved one.

My personal hero would have to be my dad. My dad is a hero in my eyes because of all the hardship he went through about 7 years ago. He went through one of the most stressful and life changing time of his life when he went through a very ugly divorce. He showed much courage and strength towards me even know he had a worry in the back of his mind that we might lose the house we live in. To see the struggle to put food on the table each week during that time left a big impression on me of how hard he fought for his kids. That to me is my hero of the love he had towards us and what he sacrificed for us.

My popular hero is John Wooden. He is a hero for me because of his extraordinary coaching abilities and his ways of teaching his players about life as well. He was one of the most winningest coaches of all time in college basketball. He won an unprecidented 10 national titles during a 12 year period which has never been done and probably never will be done ever again. He to me is a hero not only for his winning on the court, but the class he did it in. He is referred to as the man who never cursed. He always had a way or saying to his players that would help them in life and that is what i most admire him for.

1 comment: